Choosing the Correct Plier
Considerations Before Installing
- Use new safety wire for every application.
- Do not tighten so much that vibration could break the wire.
- Do not over-twist; twists should be tight and even.
- Create a “pigtail” of ¼” to ½” at the end of the wire run.
- Tighten castle nuts to the low side of the specified torque range unless otherwise specified.
- Apply the wire so that any pull from the wire tightens the nut, not loosens it.
Installation of Safety Wire
- 0.020”to 0.025” diameter= 8-14 twists
- 0.032″ to 0.041″ diameter= 6-11 twists
- 0.051″ to 0.060″ diameter= 4-9 twists